Dr Lara Devgan is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon based in New York and the Chief Medical Officer of RealSelf. She’s also founded her luxury skincare line.
Devgan’s surgical career began with a 13-month internship, followed by a 2-year residence at the Colombian University Medical Center.
Afterward, she became a plastic surgery resident and a chief resident in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the New York Presbyterian Hospital and University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell.
She now lives in NYC with her husband and children.
Table of Contents
Dr Lara’s sights weren’t always set on medicine. Back in 1997, she gained admission into Yale University, where she studied English language and literature for four years.
In 2002, she took a sharp swing to John Hopkins University School of Medicine, where she acquired her Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree in Medicine and Surgery.
While studying hard for her degree, Devgan poured some of her academic efforts into Biostatistics and Public Health. She was duly rewarded with a Master of Public Health (MPH) by the John Hopkins School of Public Health in 2007.
Renowned for her exceptional artistry and unparalleled expertise, Dr Devgan has emerged as a leading figure in plastic surgery.
Her skillful hands and a keen eye for detail have transformed countless lives, enabling her patients to embrace their newfound confidence and radiate beauty from within.
The goal of reconstructive surgery is to repair or replace the tissue that has been lost or damaged. Restoring the function and appearance of the affected area improves the patient’s quality of life.
With an easygoing demeanor, Dr Lara has become the go-to surgeon for folks seeking to restore their confidence and reclaim their lives.
From the moment you step into her office, you can’t help but feel you’re in the best hands, knowing that a brighter, happier future lies just beyond that operating room door.
Cosmetic medicine enhances one’s physical appearance by addressing aesthetic concerns such as wrinkles, fine lines, uneven skin tone, and other visible imperfections.
Some common cosmetic medicine procedures include Botox injections, dermal fillers, and non-invasive body contouring techniques.
Devgan’s impressive results have established her reputation as a true expert in the ever-evolving field of cosmetic medicine and garnered her a loyal clientele.
Blepharoplasty is a procedure that involves removing excess skin from the upper or lower eyelids.
Dr Devgan does it to improve the appearance of droopy eyelids, to correct irregularities in the shape of the eye, or to remove excess fat from under the eyelid.
Clinical research is testing a new drug, medical device, or treatment in people before regulatory authorities approve it. This research usually involves clinical trials.
A clinical trial is an experiment that tests whether a drug or treatment works and how well it works. Clinical trials are conducted in four phases: Phase I, Phase II, Phase III, and Phase IV.
Not surprisingly, Dr Lara is also a pro at clinical research. This skill might partly account for the success of her brand, Dr Lara Devgan, which we’ll learn more about below.
The Dr Lara Devgan Brand
Dr Lara Devgan is a premium skincare and cosmetic brand founded by Dr Lara Devgan, based in the Upper Easy side of New York.
Rooted in science and backed by clinical expertise, the brand focuses on delivering effective, safe, and innovative beauty solutions to cater to a diverse clientele.
The company’s comprehensive range of products is manufactured using high-quality ingredients and premium technology and is based on the latest clinical research.
From cleansers and serums to moisturizers and targeted treatments, each product addresses specific concerns.
Furthermore, transparency and education play a crucial role in the brand’s identity. Dr Lara Devgan also emphasizes on providing accurate and detailed information about the ingredients, benefits, and usage of each product.
This helps customers make informed decisions about their skincare routines and ensures they achieve optimal results.
The Dr Lara Devgan brand is committed to inclusivity, catering to all genders, ages, and ethnicities. It encourages self-expression and embraces the idea that beauty is not about fitting into a mold, but rather about enhancing one’s unique features and feeling confident in one’s skin.
Beauty starts from the inside. That’s why five Dr Lara Devgan gummy products are dedicated to nourishing your body. Each yields different results.
- Melatonin B6 Mood Booster: Calms the mind, readies the body for intimacy, and promotes peaceful sleep.
- Multi Bears: Include pineapple, orange, and strawberry-flavored gummies, which are rich in vitamins A, C, B6, and B9.
- Beauty Bears: These taste like berries — sweet, tarty, and juicy. They’re formulated to supply the body with vitamin B12, zinc, calcium, biotin, folate, and coenzyme Q, to support healthy hair and skin.
- Collagen Beauty Hearts: Fortified with vegan-friendly collagen boosters, calcium, and d-biotin, these gummies encourage collagen production, vital for strong bones and bright skin.
- Super Green Complex: Finally, a fruit and vegetable supplement that’s also a source of probiotics, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants!
Serums usually comprise water, oils, alcohol, and other substances that help them penetrate the skin more deeply than regular lotions or creams. Dr Lara Devgan‘s serums drive this point home.
- Hyaluronic: Many hyaluronic serums purport to ease facial lines and firm lax skin, but the serum by this brand deserves an award. And it did get one from Popsugar in 2022.
- Retinol + Bakuchiol: This fights against discolorations, pores, lines, and every blemish that can override the skin’s natural glow.
- Vitamin C + B + E Ferulic: The serum contains each ingredient in its name, including ferulic acid. It also prevents your face from being dull and makes you look some years younger.
- Vitamin C + E + Ergothioneine: Antioxidants team up in this product to increase the body’s defense against free radicals and decrease the chances of inflammation.
- Hyaluronic + Cannabis: Featuring cannabis oil, this Dr Lara Devgan serum soothes irritated skin so it doesn’t turn as red.
- Acne Control: Clears 70% of sebum from pores and kills pimple-causing bacteria.
Dr Lara Devgan Platinum Lip Plump acts as a lip filler and gloss in one. While softening, hydrating, and nourishing the lips, improves their volume and makes them appear pinker for up to 2 hours.
For the Eyes
Dr Lara Devgan manufactures Platinum Long Lash, which is a serum, and the Eyelash Lengthening Mascara, which is, well, mascara.
Lash serums increase the length and thickness of your lashes, which makes them look fuller, longer, and more defined. This is especially helpful if you have thin or short eyelashes.
On the other hand, mascara coats your lashes with color or blackness to make them appear longer and thicker than they naturally are. You can apply it alone or over lash serums.
The brand also has one other awesome eye product:
- Eye Peptide Cream: If you’re done with eye bags, dark circles, crow’s feet, and sagging skin underneath your eyes, this cream is calling your cart.
The Dr Lara Devgan moisturizers hydrate and protect the skin from environmental stressors, helping it achieve a glowing, healthy complexion. Some of the products we’ve mentioned double as moisturizers, but these two are specifically made to serve this purpose:
- Advanced Recovery Cream: This cream builds a barrier between the world, its harshness, and your skin. Fortified with vitamin E and provitamin B5, the Advanced Recovery formula locks moisture in and keeps dryness out.
- Resveratrol Night Cream: It slows the skin’s aging pace, supplying the body with ample antioxidants to defeat free radicals.
The SPF (Sun Protection Factor) is a number that indicates how well a product protects against UVB rays, which are responsible for sunburns.
The higher an item’s SPF, the more protection you get from UVB rays. Dr Lara Devgan‘s SPF concealers, powders, and sun shields range from SPF 44 to 50.